Thursday, May 6, 2010

successful failures


Have you seen that great Nike advertisement where Michael Jordan is walking in slow motion toward the locker room with his voice in the background? He is saying “I’ve missed more than 9, 000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot— and missed. I’ve failed over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.”

“I’ve failed over and over again in my life.”
Michael Jordan, possibly the greatest basketball player ever to play the game, acknowledges that his failures helped him succeed. Far too many believers believe that our failures doom us. But the reality is that our failures are neither fatal nor final.

God can take our failures and turn them into His triumphs. He took Moses, an outcast failure, and made him a leader. Paul reminds us “God has chosen the weak things of this world to shame the things which are strong.” 1 Cor. 1:27b Come to think of it, Peter and Paul were both pretty good examples of it!

So don’t be afraid to fail in your attempts for God. After all, those failures may just be the thing that helps you succeed as God takes a weakness and transforms you into greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment